01. Preheat oven to 375oF.
02. Combine the flour and sugar to a smooth paste.
03. Add the egg yolks one by one and beat well. Now its time for the vanilla essence to be added.
04. Sift the white flour, baking powder and salt and keep aside.
05. Divide to two portions. Combine each portion separately with the butter and sugar, wrap in two plastic wraps and cool in the refrigerator for half an hour.
06. Dab flour on a tray and roll out the dough. Cut out different shapes using cookie cutters.
07. Arrange on cookie sheet and bake for 8 – 10 minutes til the edges turn golden brown.
08. Allow to cool and remove from the cookie sheet.
09. Repeat with the other portion of the dough.
10. Decorate with coloured sugar crystals or cookie glaze.